Flats to let Galashiels
At present Belinda Nunn owns 8 quality houses/flats in central Galashiels, all fully furnished with many extras, double-glazed and with gas central heating (one flat has electric heating), most having been installed during the last few years.
The houses are HMO licensed where required (5 houses) and Belinda Nunn is a Registered Landlord and a member of the Scottish Association of Landlords and the Federeration of Small Businesses.
The HMO properties have quality fire doors and are fitted with above standard Automatic Fire Detection Systems (with back up power supply) conforming to British Standards.(BS 5839 Part 1 2002 amended 2008) These are electrically 'interlinked' to the Control Indicating Equipment. All HMO properties (and one two bed) have emergency lighting throughout.
Other properties have the appropriate electrically interlinked smoke alarms. Professional workmen are employed in every way and there is NO "Landlord DIY"!
All these systems are serviced twice every year by a professional company (BAFE acredited F.A Company) and the appropriate records are kept. A fire alarm system and emergency lighting maintenance contract has been entered into which guarantees repair and maintenance call-outs. In all properties, the furnishings conform to the Fire Regulations. Fire fighting equipment is installed by a professional company and serviced once every year. All properties have carbonmonoxide alarms.
A Fire Risk Assessment Report has been prepared for every property and is displayed with the annual Landlords Gas Safety Certificate and other legally required documents, i.e. Standard Repair Form which gives advice to tenants regarding how to complain to the Private Rented Housing Committee, if a house does not meet the repairing standard. Energy Proficiency Certificate issued, Key retention by landlord form signed and all deposits received are now sent to SafeDepositScotland as per legal requirement (13/11.12). As per new legal requirement, Legionella Risk Assessments are carried out by professional plumbers.
As well as all gas appliances and central heating systems being annually checked by an appropriate Gas Engineer, all electrical appliances are tested (PAT) and stamped accordingly, by a qualified electrician. Tenancy Deposit Scheme - after October, 2012, If Landlord does not transfer deposit money received within 30 days after the start of the tenancy date of entry, then the tenant may apply to a Sherrif Court for sanctions against the landlord, resulting in the tenant receiving up to three times the amount of the deposit. Tenant Information Packs issued.
Starter packs will be provided from 2016 for new students arriving. This will include basic necessities i.e. toilet roll, washing up liquid, soap etc. For foreign students arriving, the starter pack will include duvet, pillow and bedding if requested.
All beds have laundered or new mattress protectors thereon.
One (St. Andrew Street) 2 bedroom flat with main door, private garden (free gardener), outhouse and shed. Livingroom, fully fitted kitchen, two double bedrooms, bathroom with bath and shower, storage. On street parking - quiet area, 2 minutes walk from central Galashiels area.
Current status: LEASED
Two (Market Street) 3 bedroom HMO houses - large, over 3 floors. Three large double bedrooms, small lounge, one house has bathroom with bath and shower, the other has large shower and separate toilet .Fully fitted kitchens. Have private garden/patio at rear; free gardener. Central Galashiels. (Or one small double bedroom and large lounge).
Current status: Available June 2020
One, fully furnished 2 bedroom first floor flat, Market Street, Galashiels. Two large double bedrooms, one single sized spare room/office. small lounge, fully fitted kitchen, bathroom with bath and shower. Electric heating. Entry phone system, no garden.
Current Status: Available June 2020
One (Market Street) 4 bedroom HMO house. Large property. Two very large double bedrooms and two further good sized double bedrooms. Large lounge. Bathroom with bath and shower. No garden. Central Galashiels. Current status: Available June 2020
Two (Overhaugh Street and Market Street) 5 bedroom HMO houses. Very large properties, over 3 floors. Large bedrooms. Both have private gardens to rear, free gardener. Central Galashiels
Two bed (Stanley Street, Galashiels) ground floor end terranced main door flat in very quiet residential area. One double bedroom and one single. Large lounge, fully fitted kitchen with Bosch dishwasher. New bathroom with bath and quality shower. Storage cupboard. External outhouses X 2 and one communal outhouse. Private garden to rear (free gardener). Given to NHS (Available July, 2020)
GENERAL - Most bedrooms (except two) are double bedrooms with double beds/clean mattress protector and all rooms have a students work desk, wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedside cabinet, chair, curtains, ceiling shades and lamp with shade. A large number of bedrooms also have sofas or armchairs and coffee tables/mirrors and other extras. All properties have Dyson or Henry hovers, iron/ironing board, clothes rails for drying clothes and all kitchens are fully furnished with all relevant white goods and extras (microwave, sandwich makers, chest freezer )including the basics i.e. bottle openers, wooden spoons, cooking knives, cheese graters, baking trays, new chopping boards and many more accessories. Most of the properties have very large bedrooms and lounges and are ideal for students requiring decent space for laying out their textile work etc.
More photographs will be taken in the summer when some of the properties are unoccupied.
Check list for prosepective tenants:- (Beware as Rogue landlords may exist who do not conform to legislation, a cheaper flat is not always a good option)
- Scottish Government PRT (private residential tenancy agreement) lease used (legal requirment as from 1/12/17)
- Scottish Goveernment Easy to read notes re model PRT tenancy Agreement (legal requirment as from 1/12/17)
- Inventory (legal requirment)
- Legionella Risk Assessments carried out by professional plumbers (recommended and good practise)
- Key Retention form
- Tenants Deposit Scheme - SafeDeposits Scotland (legal requirement if you hand over a deposit)
- Fire Risk Assessment report
- HMO license for property if 3 or more unrelated tenants residing in one property (Legal requirement)
- Registered Landlord - check with Scottish Borders Council (Legal requirement)
- Fire fighting equipment supplied and service annually by professional company.
- Above standard approved Fire Detection system and emergency lighting in HMO's - serviced twice annually and service contract entered into. 2 bed properties the fire detection system is hard wired and serviced twice annually.
- Furniture conforms to fire regulations
- Guaranteed 24 hr central heating repair call out contract entered into by landlord
- All white goods replaced with new, never second hand.
- Landlord does not do "DIY" - All repairs and improvements etc are carried out by professional workmen!
- Landlords Gas Certificate (legal requirement)
- All electricial applicances etc PAT by professional electrician. (legal requrement)
- Electrical Periodic Inspection reports (wiring/plugs etc) every 5 years (legal requirement).
- Professional handyman is employed by landlord and faults etc are repaired timeously.
- Roofs and gutterings etc are professionally maintained annually by roofers.
- Rent records kept.